For the longest time, Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee were the kings of YouTube with their billions of views for “Despacito.” No longer. There’s a new sheriff in town.
As of this week, the most-view music video on YouTube is this.
When I checked this morning, “Baby Shark” had 7,051,771,316 views while “Despacito” had 7,039,997,320. And this doesn’t include a new version of “Baby Shark” that was released back in the summer. That one has 106.6 million views on its own.
Blame the pandemic. With so many parents working at home and with schools closing, this song has been used as a babysitter for young kids.
Here’s the current top 5:
- “Baby Shark Dance” – Pinkfong Kids’ Songs & Stories: 7.046 billion views
- “Despacito,” Luis Fonsi ft. Daddy Yankee: 7.039 billion views
- “Shape of You,” Ed Sheeran 5.049 billion views
- “See You Again,” Wiz Khalifa ft. Charlie Puth: 4.80 billion views
- “Masha and the Bear – Recipe for Disaster,” Get Movies: 4.360 billion views