A new report examining the wants, wishes, needs, and demands of fans of hip-hop music has revealed a few interesting things. The study, commissioned by the Digital Media Association (DiMa) focused mostly on streaming and how that works with the hip-hop community.
- 78% of hip-hop fans stream music daily.
- 93% are super-loyal to their streaming service of choice. In other words, good luck getting them to switch platforms.
- They are 25% more likely to try and use new features offered by streaming services.
- 75% are so-called “lean in” listeners, meaning that they’re very active when it comes to creating playlist and interacting with others. For example, 67% love recommendations and 85% care about curation.
- 78% say that streaming is their primary source of music discovery
- 71% of hip-hop streamers are very likely to engage in social media with their favourite artists.
- Sub-genres to watch for: Turkish hip-hop, Latin trap, and Ghanian drill
You can read the full report here.