Bandsintown, a site that tracks tours, hasn’t had much to do over the last 13 months. It has, however, been paying attention to the phenomenon of livestreaming shows. Here are the results of a new survey of 7,688 people.
- 86% of the respondents have watched at least one livestream since this COVID madness began.
- 31% have streamed seven or more.
- 62% have paid for a livestream
- 55% say they’ll continue to watch even after concerts and festivals go back to normal.
- 70% of musicians say they’ve tried a livestream
- 41% of musicians are holding one or more livestreams a month
- 85% of musicians say they’ll continue to do this in the future.
- 22,000 artists have promoted more than 79,5000 livestreams on the Bandsintown platform alone.