This is a weirdly specific study on rock, truckers, and sex
According to a new study that apparently needed to be conducted, truckers who listen to hard rock and metal have more sex than truckers who listen to other kinds of music.
American Trucks is behind the research which looked at the music preferences of 1,000 truckers. They found the following:
- 6% of all the songs charted on Billboard’s Hot 100 since 2000 referred to trucks, truckers, and trucking.
- Country music had the most truck references
- However, most truckers seem to prefer classic rock, metal, alternative, and blues. So much for the trucker-as-country-fan stereotype, huh?
We can break things down by genre:
- 47.1% cited classic rock as their number one favourite
- 27.7% went with country. (As a fun note, 30% of truckers admit to running red lights and 45% of those were country music fans.)
- Other favourite genres were alternative (41.6%), blues (41.2%), and hip-hop (40.7%).
- Guilty pleasures include (1) Justin Bieber, (2) Backstreet Boys, and (3) BTS.
As for the sex part, 40% of the drivers in the survey say that they’ve done it in their vehicles. Cross-referencing tabs, the greatest number of truckers having sex in their trucks were those who liked heavy rock. Good to know…?