This Week’s Top 11 Playlist – 02 December 2011

We’re pretty much at the end of the release schedule for 2011 (although we’re still due a Black Keys album on Tuesday), so I’ve been looking for tracks that I’ve missed over the last couple of quarters.  This is what I’ve found.

To listen, click the “Top 11” link on the right side of this page.  And, as always, thanks to Mediazoic for the help with the Top 11 player.

The playlist is after the jump.

1. The Last Assassins, “Welcome” from The Last Assassins
  2. Pujol, “Mayday from Nasty, Brutish and Short
  3. Uncle Bad Touch, “Best Friend Song 666” (Single)
  4. Close Your Eyes, “Hope Slips Away (The World Is Ours to Change) from Empty Hands and Heavy Hearts
  5. Dirty Projects and Bjork, When the World Comes to an End from Mount Wittenberg Orca
  6. Young Empires, “Rain of Gold” from Wake All My Youth
  7. Hacienda, “Savage” from The Dine Alone & Friends Holiday Sampler
  8. Caveman, “Easy Water” from Coco Beware
  9. A Day to Remember, “Sticks and Bricks” from What Separates Me from You
  10. Tycho, “Hours” from Dive
  11. Nine Inch Nails, “Zoo Station” from Ahk-toong Bay-bi

is an internationally known broadcaster, interviewer, writer, consultant, blogger and speaker. In his 40+ years in the music business, Alan has interviewed the biggest names in rock, from David Bowie and U2 to Pearl Jam and the Foo Fighters. He’s also known as a musicologist and documentarian through programs like The Ongoing History of New Music.

4 thoughts on “This Week’s Top 11 Playlist – 02 December 2011

• December 2, 2011 at 9:21 pm

That Mediazoic site is brutal. It's easier to listen to the 11 by searching them on google one by one than it is to use that. It doesn't allow any control, which makes no sense when you're making a curated playlist!

• December 2, 2011 at 10:39 pm

I have to agree,this can't be the easiest way to sample the list! If a song doesn't grab you after 30 seconds,let me move along to the next one. I find it better to write the list out and find them on Youtube. Sorry,just don't feel like wasting time on a song that doesn't do it for me. That being said,I have found some great songs and artists here that I would never have heard anywhere else,so keep up the good work Alan!

• December 2, 2011 at 11:38 pm

If you don't like Mediazoic experience we put the Top 11 into playlists on our YouTube page and over there <– in our SoundCloud player.

• December 3, 2011 at 2:31 am

@TrainConductor & @CFICare – Thanks for your feedback on the Mediazoic system. We are working on building in more interactivity, but licensing restrictions prevent us from allowing the kind of open song skipping you're mentioning. We measure listening activity carefully, and we're actually finding that most listeners enjoy the "lean-back experience" and listen to Alan's Weekly Top 11 all the way through, but we'll continue to think about ways to make the experience better for those of you who want more control over your listening.

Greg from Mediazoic