The 13th annual Toronto Independent Music Awards (TIMA) returns to celebrate independent music in Canada and worldwide. The application period is now open and bands do not need to be from Toronto to apply. Friday September 29 has been set as the tentative date for the awards ceremony and festival.
Once again, industry-sponsored prizes return. The 2016 prizes included national service of a song to Canadian radio, a radio promotion campaign, $1000.00 cash, and Artist Development assistance, along with other various prizes. Check the TIMA website for updates about the 2017 prizes. The “Best Music Video” award also returns this year.
The winners will be decided by a Grand Jury of Industry influencers.
“We have several new jurors joining our panel this year and we are excited to continue to work with such passionate, involved music enthusiasts and performers,” TIMA Executive Producer and Founder, Dani Oliva comments. “Our goal is to help independent artists develop by providing industry resources they may not have access to. The grand jury panel is another layer of resource and an amazing opportunity for TIMA applicants to be heard by influential music authorities”.
Expect new and returning jurors to be announced soon.
Last year’s Grand Jury included:
- Nicole Fiorentino, Musician (The Smashing Pumpkins, Night Terrors of 1927, Veruca Salt)
- Tyler Tasson, Manager, Label Services at Ole
- Andy Hawke, A&R / Label Manager, Cadence Music
- Tiffany Tse, Matt White, Jessica Lemmon, Lemmon Entertainment
- Alan Cross, Professional Music Geek and Broadcaster
- Hill Kourkoutis, Musician and Producer (Serena Ryder, The Weeknd, Hill & The Sky Heroes)
- Andreas Kalogiannidies, Entertainment Lawyer and Member of Toronto Industry Advisory Council
Bands interested I can apply here.