The Sunday Times of London likes to snoop around the finances of the rich and famous, turning in a rich list of musicians around this time every year. Here’s who made what in Britain and Ireland over the last 12 months.
- Paul McCartney ($1.42 billion CAD, up $69 million from last year)
- Andrew Lloyd-Webber ($1.26 billion, same as last year)
- U2 ($984 million, up $17.2 million)
- Elton John ($519 million, up $36 million)
- Mick Jagger ($450 million, up $17.2 million)
- Keith Richards ($424 million, up $17.2 million)
- Olivia and Dhani Harrison (Widow and son of George Harrison) ($398 million, up $34.5 million)
- Ringo Starr ($381 million, up $34.5 million)
- Michael Flatley (the Riverdance guy) ($349 million, up $3.5 million)
- Sting ($329 million, up $8.5 million)
A couple of notes
- Yoko Ono, the custodian of John Lennon’s fortune, isn’t included on this list because she lives in the US.
- Four of the top ten are knights (Macca, Elton John, Mick Jagger and Ringo).
- And it’s LORD Andrew Lloyd-Webber.