International Podcast Day (est. 2014) is an annual event that recognizes the power and potential of podcasting. I quote from the website:
International Podcast Day™ is September 30th and is an international celebration of the power of podcasts! The celebration is a great opportunity to connect with fellow podcasters, podcast listeners, podcast enthusiasts, and leaders in the podcasting industry. Help spread the word by telling your friends, sharing the celebration on your podcasts and social media feeds, and using #InternationalPodcastDay. There are several ways to get involved and plenty to benefit from by taking part in International Podcast Day. See our suggestions below. But first, we must all “Start The Conversation” and share the power of podcasts!
How should one celebrate? Here are some ideas:
- Share your favourite podcast with someone
- Try to get your parents to understand what a podcast is
- Subscribe to a new show.
- Provide a rating and review on Apple Podcasts or any other platform.
- Use the hashtag #InternationalPodcastDay.
- Connect with a fellow podcaster
- Listen to the International Podcast Day Podcast.
If you’re a podcaster and you want to spread the word, here are some assets that you can use for your website and social media feeds.