If you’ve been following the Massey Hall revitalization project lo these many years, you’ll know that the project includes more than just the refurbishment of the main venue. Massey is now part of the a great complex called The Allied Music Centre. When finally complete, these interconnected spaces will form a multi-space facility for live music and community events right in the heart of downtown Toronto.
The next phase is the opening of The TD Music Hall, a 500-person capacity space connected to Massey Hall. It is brand new and purpose-built for the 21st century. (Link)
- Toronto’s first immersive sound system
- State-of-the-art lightning, rigging and video systems
- Integrated audio and video recording facilities
- Amazing sightlines and awesome acoustics.
- 10.5 metre floor-to-ceiling windows with great views
The venue will open February 10 with a performance by The Halluci Nation (formerly A Tribe Called Red.) Lots more to come, too.