This was the year when much of the live music scene tried to get back on its feet after COVID buggered up the world in 2020. We’re not back to normal yet–and Omicron is starting to scare some people about the prospects for 2022–but Pollstar, the bible of the touring industry, reports that 2021 wasn’t so bad.
- Rolling Stones’ No Filter Tour: US$115.5 million (516,624 tickets sold). The entire No Filter Tour (which stretched back to 2017) has grossed US$545 million.
- Harry Styles: US$86.7 million (669,051)
- The Hella Mega Tour (Green Day, Weezer, Fall Out Boy): US$67.3 million (659,062)
- The Eagles: US$59.2 (257,584)
- Dead & Company: US$50.2 million (588,658)
- Rolling Stones, three shows at Sofi Stadium, Inglewood CA (opening act for one show: The Glorious Sons): US$18,887,679 from 81,676 tickets.
- The Rolling Stones, Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas: $14,804,562 from 42,699 tickets
- Los Bukis, two shows at Sofi Stadium: $13,830,647 from 94,671 tickets
- Los Bukis, two shows at Ring Central Coliseum, Oakland CA: US$13,182,222 from 82.053 tickets
- The Rollign Stones, Raymond James Stadium, Tampa FL: $11,378,033 from 52,075 tickets
- Bridgestone Arena, Nashville
- Madison Square Garden, NYC
- Forum, Inglewood CA
- MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas
- State Farm Arena, Atlanta
There’s only one Canadian arena on the list: Toronto’s Scotiabank Arena at #89.
- Golden Gate Park, San Francisco
- Hersheypark Stadium, Hershey PA
- Wrigley Field, Chicago
- Fenway Park, Boston
- SoFi Stadium, Inglewood CA
I didn’t see any Canadian stadiums on the list.
- Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison CO
- Ruff Music Centre, Noblesville IN
- DTE Energy Music Theatre, Clarkson MI
- Cynthia Woods Mitchal Pavillion, The Woodlands TX
- Xfininity Center, Mansfield MA
I didn’t see any Canadian amphitheatres on the list, either.
- Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco: US$33,200,956 from 222,954 tickets
- Life Is Beautiful Festival, Las Vegas: US$18,319,227 from 162,436 tickets
- Aftershock Festival, Discovery Park, Sacramento CA: US$16,441,337 from 145,000 tickets
- Welcome to Rockville, Daytona Beach FL: US$15,587,022 from 161,000 tickets
- Louder Than Life Festival, Lousiville KY: US$13,570,956 from 160,000 tickets.
More reports from around the world can be found here.