Two Have Throats Cut at Coldplay Concert. Wait–What?

We’ve heard of violence at metal and hip-hop shows.  But at a Coldplay concert?

Two men had their throats cut Wednesday night as what was supposed to be a good time at a Coldplay concert turned violent.

Police and paramedics were called to the Saddledome shortly after 10:30 p.m. by venue security.

“We found two (adult) male victims that appeared to have suffered slash wounds to their throats,” said Insp. Craig Skelton of the Calgary Police Service.

I have some theories.  The assaults were the result of:

(1) A girl

(2) Suicidal despair over being dragged to a Coldplay concert instead of being able to watch the NHL playoffs from the comfort of a couch.

7 thoughts on “Two Have Throats Cut at Coldplay Concert. Wait–What?

• April 19, 2012 at 7:51 pm

Theory #2, even without the NHL bit. Case closed.

• April 19, 2012 at 9:27 pm

I have a pretty good sense of humour, but after someone got stabbed in London at a gig and died the other week, I think it's pretty tasteless. Are you going to make some Young Jeezy or Dick Clark jokes while you are at it? I'm sure the victims will be thrilled to read about themselves on this fine site…..

• April 19, 2012 at 11:16 pm

I often wonder how you wake up and decide to be "that guy" who wants to comment/judge morality or tastlessness on the internet.

If your not adult enough to realize the joke comes from the bizzare circumstance not the actual act of violence then the real tasteless person here is you and your inability to see it for what it is.

Or you could just relax and realize that there are far worse things than the smallest of puns over a ridiculous situation.

• April 20, 2012 at 12:28 pm

I'm going out on a limb here, Alan – not much of a Coldplay fan, are we? (me neither, just for the record. "Parachutes" was good-ish, but after that? Meh.)

• April 20, 2012 at 2:45 pm

But how is it funny, John? "Oh, Coldplay sucks, I'm gonna stab myself" Hilarious!

Second of all, I don't think you know what a "pun" is.

These are likely genuine Coldplay fans who wanted a good night out, and then ended up in hospital. Same thing happened in England at a (crappy pop star) Jessie J concert. The guy had a wife and 2 kids. No one should die or get severely injured at a rock concert, no matter how crappy the band is. To joke about it is pretty low. That's all I'm saying. Let's go back to making fun of that Hot Problems song.

• April 26, 2012 at 11:53 am

I have a great time at every Coldplay gig I've been to. Last December I was disappointed they didn't play Christmas Lights and did a simple White Christmas cover, i was lucky to have good Coldplay tickets .I still had an amazing night. The same would happen for me if they continue to not play Politik.

• May 2, 2012 at 1:43 pm

I just got back from the Coldplay concert here in San Jose and to be honest with you, there are no words to describe tonight.