While we’re being pummeled with year-end best-of lists, it’s refreshing to see someone go at things from the other direction. There’s a whole lot to disagree with on this list, but I think it’s more fun to fight about what’s worst vs. what’s best.
Among the albums panned:
- Bad Religion, Christmas Songs: Yep. I just don’t get it.
- Yamataka//Sonic Titan, UZU: What? Seriously? I LOVE this record!
- Miley Cyrus, Bangerz: Duh.
- Vampire Weekend, Modern Vampires of the City: Really? That’s a bit harsh.
- Muse: Live at Rome Olympic Stadium: I guess it all depends on your thoughts regarding the need for live albums.
- The National, Trouble Will Find Me: Uh-oh…
- Kanye West, Yeezus: Yes! Thank God I’m the only person who doesn’t get it.
As for their Worst Album of 2013, I’m afraid I can’t even bring myself to list it. They’re way, WAY off base. You’ll have to scroll through the list here.