Pandemic or not, Brits bought a lot of vinyl in 2020. In fact, sales nearly reached a 30-year high. This is the 13th year in a row that vinyl sales have gone up in the UK. In fact, almost one in every five albums sold in the UK last year was on vinyl.
Here are the top 10 sellers:
- Rumours – Fleetwood Mac
- (What’s The Story) Morning Glory? – Oasis
- Back To Black – Amy Winehouse
- Nevermind – Nirvana
- Fine Line – Harry Styles
- Disco – Kylie Minogue
- Greatest Hits – Queen
- Power Up – AC/DC
- Live At The Royal Albert Hall – Arctic Monkeys
- Ultra Mono – IDLES
The Brits also still keep track of how 7-inch singles sell. Here’s that top 10.
- All You’re Dreaming Of – Liam Gallagher
- Love Will Tear Us Apart – Joy Division
- Living In A Ghost Town – Rolling Stones
- Atmosphere – Joy Division
- No Time To Die – Billie Eilish
- Blue Monday – New Order
- Transmission – Joy Division
- Blue Moon Rising – Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds
- Christmas Lights – Coldplay
- Say Something – Kylie Minogue
Want more stats? Go here.