Noel Gallagher has spent the better part of the last two years denying that he’d ever be part of an Oasis reunion. So is it really possible that sometime has changed his mind?
The Daily Mirror–take the source into account–reported over the weekend that the Brothers Gallagher have reached a “gentlemen’s agreement” (think about that in the context of the Gallaghers for a second) to reform before the end of the year.
It’s true that the brothers have been much more civil to each other over the last while, but there’s been nothing to indicate that an Oasis resurrection is on the table. But the Mirror reports this:
It’s early days in terms of the details, but Noel and Liam are back on good terms and ready to give things another go. Nothing is signed but it’s what you might call a gentlemen’s agreement between them.
Ultimately they’re family and whatever has gone on before can be sorted out – they’re very close beneath all the bluster.
So is it possible? As usual, we need to follow the money.
- Liam is currently band-less. Beady Eye is no more.
- Liam recently settled his love child case with a woman in New York.
- How’s Liam’s Pretty Green clothing line doing these day? Just askin’.
- Although he’s still making good coin from touring, Noel’s current album isn’t exactly burning up the charts.
- Album sales continue to fall. The royalty cheques from (What’s the Story) Morning Glory aren’t what they used to be.
- Blur is back together and about to make scads of cash. And we know the history between Blur and Oasis has been, right? An Oasis reunion would overshadow anything Blur had to offer.
- There are plenty of people willing to put up big quid for an Oasis reunion.
So is it possible? Absolutely. Noel has maintained that he might do something like this for the money. Will it happen this year? Who knows?
More at The Daily Mirror.