Once again, a band is going to try their best to keep tickets out of the hands of scalpers and resellers in hopes that real fans get the best seats. I say good luck to them.
The Foos just-announced their 2015 world tour and have imposed some pretty stringent conditions on how to obtain tickets. Here, for example, is quote from the press released issued for their July 9 show at the Molson Amphitheatre in Toronto.
In order to better serve our customers, a ” RANDOM LOTTERY LINE UP ” system has been implemented.
The ” RANDOM LOTTERY LINE UP ” system will give each person an equal chance of purchasing tickets for major events and prevent overnight camping.
The policy is as follows:
1) NO CAMPING OR LOITERING BEFORE 9:00 AM ON THE EVENT ON SALE DATE.
2) BETWEEN 9:00 AM – 9:30 AM ON THE DAY OF THE ONSALE, EACH PERSON WILL BE GIVEN ONE “NUMBERED LINE UP WRISTBAND”. THE STUB PORTION OF THE NUMBERED WRISTBAND WILL BE COLLECTED AND PUT INTO A BOX.
3) LINE UP WRISTBANDS WILL NOT BE ISSUED AFTER 9:30 AM. AT 9:40 AM APERSON IN LINE WILL DRAW A “LINE-UP WRISTBAND NUMBER” FROM THE BOX AND THIS WILL DETERMINE THE START NUMBER OF THE LINE UP.
4) EACH PERSON WILL LINE UP IN NUMERICAL ORDER BEHIND THE “LINE-UP WRISTBAND” START NUMBER (IE: IF #31 WAS CHOSEN, THE LINE WOULD START WITH 31,FOLLOWED BY 32, 33, 34 ETC. AND THEN 1, 2, 3, 4 THROUGH TO #30 WITH 30 BEING THE LAST NUMBER IN LINE)
5) LINE UP WRISTBAND NUMBERS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE AND CAN NOT BE SOLD.TO DO SO WILL REVOKE THE RIGHT TO PURCHASE TICKETS.
6) LINE UP WRISTBAND NUMBER MUST BE DRAWN 30 MINUTES BEFORE THE ON SALE.IF YOU ARRIVE AFTER THAT TIME, PLEASE TAKE YOUR POSITION IN THE”LATE LINE”. (The late line starts at the end of the “Line-Up WRISTBAND” line.)
Choice of 2 GA floor tickets OR 4 reserved seats
Everyone has an equal chance to be first in line!
There is no need to camp out at the location overnight!
A LINE UP WRISTBAND DOES NOT GUARANTEE AN EVENT TICKET
Wow. Still seems like a lot of hassle, but what are you gonna do? Anyone have any better ideas?
Here’s the full tour:
Online pre-sales for Foo Fighters 2015 tour begin Monday, Dec. 1.
FOO FIGHTERS NORTH AMERICAN TOUR 2015
All dates, cities and venues below subject to change.
7/4/15– Washington, D.C. – RFK Stadium
7/6/15– Camden, NJ – Susquehanna Bank Center*
7/9/15– Toronto, ON – Molson Canadian Amphitheatre*
7/16/15– New York, NY – Citi Field*
7/18/15– Boston, MA – Fenway Park**
7/19/15– Boston, MA – Fenway Park*
8/12/15– Edmonton, AB – Rexall Place*
8/13/15– Calgary, AB – Scotiabank Saddledome*
8/17/15– Denver, CO – Fiddler’s Green Amphitheatre*
8/19/15– Maryland Heights, MO – Verizon Wireless Amphitheater*
8/21/15– Kansas City, MO – Sprint Center*
8/22/15– St. Paul, MN – Xcel Energy Center*
8/24/15– Detroit, MI – DTE Energy Music Theatre*
8/25/15– Pittsburgh, PA – First Niagara Pavilion*
8/27/15– Indianapolis, IN – Klipsch Music Center
8/29/15– Chicago, IL – Wrigley Field (SOLD OUT)
9/11/15– Vancouver, BC – Rogers Arena
9/12/15– George, WA – Gorge Amphitheatre
9/14/15– Portland, OR – Moda Center
9/16/15– Mountain View, CA – Shoreline Amphitheatre
9/18/15– Anaheim, CA – Honda Center
9/21/15– Los Angeles, CA – The Forum
9/25/15– Phoenix, AZ – AK-Chin Pavilion
9/27/15– Albuquerque, NM – Isleta Amphitheater
9/29/15– Oklahoma City, OK – Chesapeake Energy Arena
9/30/15– Wichita, KS – INTRUST Bank Arena
10/4/15– Atlanta, GA – Centennial Olympic Park
10/5/15– Nashville, TN – Bridgestone Arena
10/7/15– Memphis, TN – FedExForum
* – Date with special guest Royal Blood
** – Date with special guest Mission of Burma