The rules for being considered for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame say that you must have released your first record twenty-five years ago. Keep that in mind when you look at the fifteen names put forth for the class of 2012.
And WHERE THE F*CK IS RUSH ON THIS LIST?
- Beastie Boys (Another try; they didn’t make it on a previous nomination.)
- The Cure
- Donovan (Another try)
- Eric B. & Rakim
- Guns ‘N Roses (Yes, it’s been a quarter-century since they started releasing records!)
- Joan Jett and The Blackhearts
- Freddie King
- Laura Nyro (Another try)
- Red Hot Chili Peppers (Another try)
- Rufus with Chaka Khan
- The Small Faces/The Faces
- The Spinners
- Donna Summer (Another try)
- War (Another try)
I still have mixed feelings about the need for a hall of fame for rock. And I can’t really take any of this serious WHEN THEY KEEP FAILING TO NOMINATE RUSH! WHAT THE F*CK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?