Published on January 13th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Wednesday’s Roundup of Bowie-Is-No-Longer-With-Us Stories
The deluge of Bowie-related stories continues. Here’s the roundup for January 13, David death +2.
- Now that he’s gone, can we PLEASE coordinate how to pronounce Bowie’s last name?
- Iman, Bowie’s wife, is said to be “holding up well.”
- It’s possible that Blackstar will boot Adele out of #1 on the Billboard album chart in the US. Sales are going crazy. We’ll know Friday morning.
- Blackstar has been out of stock at Amazon US and UK since Monday.
- Only two of last year’s biggest hits were written by the artist without outside help. Compare that to Bowie’s output. We truly live in a world of over-manufactured music.
- Bowie’s Lazarus musical, which is running in New York, has become a place for fans to gather.
- These could be the last professional photos ever taken of Bowie.
- Here are details on the upcoming David Bowie all-star tribute that’s coming together.
- Flea already has his commemorative David Bowie tattoo.
- The Daily Beast comments on Bowie’s 180-degree turnaround on the subject of race.
- Bowie predicted the rise of Kanye West. (SPOILER: No, he didn’t.)
- And let’s talk about Bowie and sexual liberation.
- This Burberry model paid tribute to Bowie on the runway.
- Yoko Ono says Bowie was a father figure to her son.
- David Bowie’s old Caribbean getaway is up for sale. (I’ve been to this place. It’s…incredible!)
- The Angela Bowie/Celebrity Big Brother mess keeps getting messier.
- Claim by the midwife who delivered Bowie: “He’s been on Earth before.”
- It’s still looking strong for Blackstar to become Bowie’s first-ever #1 album in the US.
- There will be a tribute at this year’s Brit Awards–as there should be.
- How can we connect Bowie with Fight Club? Like this.
- Stars offer up their favourite Bowie songs.
- A golden oldie: David Jones and The League for the Preservation of Animal Filament.
- Need to read up on Bowie? Here are the best Bowie books.
- How to teach your children about Bowie.
- Even Bowie’s old Yorkshire relatives have been sought out for comments and memories.
- The fifteen best Bowie samples.
- We need some permanent memorials to legendary musicians–like Bowie.
And after all that, we need a laugh.