With a lack of big-name releases, both music sales and on-demand streaming numbers are down. Will things recover in the fourth quarter? We’ll see.
- Total album sales, -10.8%
- CD sales, -6.2%
- Digital albums, –18.5%
- Digital tracks, -17.3%
- Vinyl LPs, -3.3%
- On-demand audio streams, +13.6%
- Total album sales, +20.8% (That still means only 87,398 actual albums were sold in the country last week)
- CD sales, +57.0% (the week before was dismal)
- Digital albums, +4.3%
- Digital tracks, -6.4% (streaming continues to kill individual track sales)
- Vinyl LP2, -3.5%
- On-demand audio streams, -0.7% (2.175 billion streams in the country last week)
All figures courtesy Luminate.