It’s a fact that certain songs are indelibly linked to specific events in our lives. They become triggers for all sorts of memories and emotions.

Most of these triggers are pleasant. Others not so much.

So here’s the question: What song should have your own personal trigger warning? Maybe it reminds you of an ex. Or a traumatic event. Or…whatever.

Again, no judgement. As always, I’m just curious.

7 thoughts on “Weekly survey: What song can you no longer listen to anymore because of…whatever.

• March 9, 2020 at 9:41 am

Late 90s our lady peace walked in to the barn, the lethbridge college bar and declared they weren’t playing this dump and walked out. Cant listen to their shit ever since. Wish I remembered the opener as they played all night and rocked.

• March 9, 2020 at 3:23 pm

There are dozens of songs I can’t listen to anymore just because of them being overplayed on the radio for decades. Nirvana’s Come as You Are is one example.

• March 9, 2020 at 7:59 pm

Basically anything Shania Twain, ex reasons…

• March 10, 2020 at 12:55 am

There are no songs that I can’t listen to anymore, but there are some I would rather forget. Faith No More’s song Epic for example after I saw them in concert in the 1990’s and the fans got enraged and only wanted to hear Epic and won’t let the band finish their set.

• March 10, 2020 at 5:28 pm

Tori Amos’ Silent All These Years. Rings to true to my 12 years of my life and became my anthem for the better part of the year that that relationship ended in about the most catastrophic way possible, a year that I would never like to relive.

• March 16, 2020 at 2:49 am

Some earworms I love, some I don’t. The worst is ‘Hallelujah’ by Lennie Cohen. (I had to swallow before I typed those words.)

• March 11, 2020 at 8:28 pm

Most U2 songs and especially anything from Joshua Tree, as well, along the same time line, any INXS. AND… “Stay” by Lisa Loeb. The common theme is…relationships, but of course!

Let us know what you think!