What are Canadians listening to and watching these days? I’m glad you asked.
There’s been a bunch of new research into the listening/watching/streaming habits of Canadians lately. Here’s what we’ve learned.
- 85% of Canadians in the key 25-54 demo listen to radio.
- YouTube reaches a huge swath of Canadians over the age of 18 each month. That works out to 85% of that demo.
- 27% of Canadian 18+ stream video on Netflix. Amazon Prime Video is third at 16% while Disney+ is fourth place.
- Spotify is the most popular audio streaming platform in Canada, reaching 1 in 4 Canadians over the age of 18. If we look at people 35 and under, the reach goes up to 1 in 3. Apple Music is second at 11%, followed by iHeartRadio at 8%
- Facebook is Canada’s most popular social media platform in the country. Each month, 86% of Canadians over 18 are on Facebook at least once.
Like stats like this? Go here.