Elon Musk overpaid for Twitter and now he’s set fire to the US$44 billion that he spent on the company. It just keeps getting worse. Let us count the ways for Monday, November 21.
- First, there’s a worldwide Twitter deathwatch.
- Musk is really, really regretting firing all those people a couple of weeks ago. Ya think?
- Twitter’s fate may eventually depend on Apple and Google.
- People are really suspicious of the poll Elon conducted regarding the reinstatement of Donald Trump. And they should be. It was totally unscientific.
- There’s an explosion of “verified anti-vax” accounts.
- This has led to a flood of fake/parody polls, some of the which are pretty funny.
- Here are some fun goodbye tweets.
- Kanye’s back and tweeting. His first message? “Shalom.” That’s rich, given the antisemitic posts that got him banned in the first place.
- And what about Tesla? The company may have already been on a slippery slope and the Twitter dumpster fire isn’t helping.
Perhaps South Park’s Cartman has the best parting shot.