The more rich and famous you get, the more likely people want to give your stuff for free. Take, for example, what participants in the Grammy broadcast get in the official gift lounge just for showing up.
- A Noize vegan coat (filled with material made from recycled plastic bottles)
- A PETA-approved hat (a beanie, actually)
- Plant-based energy drinks
- Still Standing’s “Unisex Foot Spray”
- An account for an online therapy service
- A spa day
- A posture-correction device
- Hydrogen-infused water (Wait–what?)
- Special cashews coated with turmeric for extra health properties.
- A self-watering and self-fertilized planter thingy
- Ancient grain granola
- A foodie trip to Cabo
Fun. More here.
By the way if Lil Nas X’s “Old Town Road” does win anything, Trent Reznor won’t share in anything even those the whole thing is based on a NIN sample.
I quote from the rules: “Writers-producers of sampled material are not eligible to be considered nominees nor Grammy winners, but if the record wins, their contributions would be acknowledged with certificates.”
More details on that here.