Although most of the awards were handed out Saturday night, the one CTV believed made for good TV were reserved for the Sunday night telecast.
I had planned to attend in person–my folks are still out in Manitoba, so this would have been a good write-off-able excuse to visit–but I just couldn’t face the cold. Windchill outside the MTS Centre at showtime was -18. No thanks.
I tried to make it through the whole thing–I really tried–but the show seemed forced and inauthentic and lacking in any genuine showbiz sparkle. It was boring, in other words.
If you couldn’t make it to the end either, here’s the full list of winners.
- Album of the year: Arcade Fire, Reflektor
- Group of the year: Tegan and Sara
- Single of the year: Tegan and Sara, “Closer”
- Juno Fan Choice award: Justin Bieber
- Songwriter of the year: Serena Ryder
- Breakthrough group of the year: A Tribe Called Red
Is it just me or was it really awkward that three of the awards were won by the people hosting the show?