The Only Year-End Top Ten Lists You’ll Ever Need
Late December is the slowest time of the year for any kind of news, so many media outlets default to preparing all kinds of year-end top ten lists. Between now and December 31, thousands will be published. Wouldn’t it be great if someone were to analyze a great number of them and just aggregate the results? That’s exactly what Digg did.
Here, for example, is what they came up for the top 10 albums of 2016:
- Beyonce, Lemonade
- David Bowie, Blackstar
- Frank Ocean, Blonde
- Chance the Rapper, Colouring Book
- Solange, A Seat at the Table
- A Tribe Called Quest, We Got It From Here…Thank You 4 Your Service
- Radiohead, A Moon Shaped Pool
- Kanye West, The Life of Pablo
- Angel Olson, My Woman
- Car Seat Headrest, Teens of Denial
Their full justifications here. And if you’d like similar rankings of the songs, books, and movies of the year, fill yer boots.