Published on May 21st, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
You won’t believe what 18-24s are digging on Spotify these days
Spotify always digging through the data generated by the 100 million+ people that use the platform, which provides fascinating insights on how people are listening to music.
A blog entry from May 20 looks at the behaviour of 18-24-year-old users. This demo seems to have an insatiable thirst for discovering new music and will not be restricted by quaint notions of genre and era.
Spotify notes that this group is not only looking for the latest and greatest songs but also the best songs from other eras, music that would have been big with their parents, grandparents or even their great-grandparents.
Here is a list of the oldies but goodies that are resonating with 18-24-year-olds on Spotify.
- Billie Holiday, All of Me
- Tony Bennett, The Way You Look Tonight
- Grateful Dead, Friend of the Devil
- Selena, Como La Flor
- LL Cool J, Doin’ It
- Joni Mitchell, A Case of You
- Velvet Underground, Sunday Morning
- Leonard Cohen, Hallelujah
- T. Rex, Bang a Gone (Get It On)
- Moody Blues, Nights in White Satin
- Gladys Knight and the Pips, Midnight Train to Georgia
- CSN&Y, Ohio
- Stevie Nicks, Edge of Seventeen
- Kate Bush, Wuthering Heights
- Tiffany, I Think We’re Alone Now