I’ve used a Bose Wave Radio as my alarm for years. My wife, however, has a cheap Radio Shack thingy with the world’s most annoying alarm. I’ve been thinking hard about getting something that’s a little more gentle on the ears, but now that I’ve seen this thing, I may give her the Bose and get this one for myself.
It’s the Yamaha TSX-B72, which, admittedly, is COMPLETE overkill for a clock radio. But you have to admit it’s really cool. And for $200, it’s way cheaper than a new Bose. I wonder if there’s a way for it to tune in Internet broadcasts?
- Bluetooth wireless music streaming from a smartphone or tablet (Ver. 2.1 + EDR / A2DP)
- AM/FM radio
- Stereo 3.5 mm aux. input
- Wake up gently with IntelliAlarm
- Multiple alarm options
- Free control app available
- USB charging output on top panel
- Near field communication (NFC) for one-tap Bluetooth pairing with compatible devices (Android 4.1 or higher)
- Speakers: 1-5/8” full range driver and 2-1/8” woofer + SR-Bass x 1
- Power: 16-watts (4 W x 2 + 8 W)
More details at Ecoustics.com