You know YouTube, always gathering data from the people who uses its services. Crunching all the numbers for 2015, they’ve compiled these two lists.
The Top Music Videos of 2015
- Wiz Khalifa – See You Again ft. Charlie Puth [Official Video] Furious 7 Soundtrack
- Maroon 5 – Sugar
- Ellie Goulding – Love Me Like You Do (Official Video)
- Major Lazer & DJ Snake – Lean On (feat. MØ) (Official Music Video)
- Taylor Swift – Bad Blood ft. Kendrick Lamar
- David Guetta – Hey Mama (Official Video) ft Nicki Minaj, Bebe Rexha & Afrojack
- Sia – Elastic Heart feat. Shia LaBeouf & Maddie Ziegler (Official Video)
- Fifth Harmony – Worth It ft. Kid Ink
- Adele – Hello
- Silentó – Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) (Official)
Some notes on the above:
- The Wiz Khalifa track was the second-fastest to reach one billion views behind only Psy.
- Adele’s “Hello” reached 100 million views faster than any video in history.
- The videos on this list have been seen collectively 6.5 billion times.
The Top Trending Music Videos of 2015
- Silento- Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) #WatchMeDanceOn
- Clash of Clans: Revenge (Official Super Bowl TV Commercial)
- Crazy Plastic Ball PRANK!!
- Love Has No Labels | Diversity & Inclusion | Ad Council
- Lip Sync Battle with Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart and Jimmy Fallon
- Justin Bieber Carpool Karaoke
- 6ft Man in 6ft Giant Water Balloon – 4K – The Slow Mo Guys
- Golden boy Calum Scott hits the right note | Audition Week 1 | Britain’s Got Talent 2015
- Dover Police DashCam Confessional (Shake it Off)
- Mean Tweets – President Obama Edition
Notes on the above:
- Notice all the late-night TV bits in the list.
- This is the first time a dance video has topped this list.
- These 10 clips were watched for over 25 million hours.