If you think your internet connection is getting slower, it’s not your imagination.
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority has new data on how we’re using technology differently during the time of pandemic. Here are a few highlight from a cross-country survey.
- 38% say that their home internet connection is slower since COVID-19 hit. It’s apparently worse (49%) in BC.
- Almost 10% are hitting our monthly mobile phone data caps.
- The number of Canadians working at home has grown seven-fold. More than half (52%) of those still with jobs say they’re working from home. Before all this started, that number was just 7%.
- 44% of households have two or more people working from home.
- 70% of us are streaming more TV and movies.
- 61% are spending more time connecting via video or some kind of teleconferencing.
Hey, it could be worse. Could you imagine all this happening in the age before broadband?
Read more here.