Yes, life is scary and serious and weird right now. But music can help us deal with things, even if it’s just a few minutes at a time. Here are several more coronavirus-themed songs for your enjoyment. Will any of these become an official COVID-19 anthem?
1. For those into stupid conspiracy theories
Please don’t believe everything you read on the internet. And stop gargling with bleach. It doesn’t work against COVID-19 and is a dumb thing to do.
2. For those who are practicing social distancing.
Good advice for all.
3. For those who can’t get enough of the original Cardi B coronavirus remix.
Cardi is going to donate any royalties from her rant songs to victims of COVID-19.
4. For those tired of the bombardment of bad and scary news via electronic media.
Frontman Randy Blythe says
“Currently, at the forefront of everyone’s mind is the global COVID-19 pandemic. This is a very real concern, and proper precautions need to be taken by everyone in order to protect those most at risk – the elderly, infirm, and immunocompromised.
“It is indeed a scary time but in this hyper-connected age with its 24/7 never-ending news cycle of atrocity, outrage and lurid click-bait headlines – not to mention ill-informed lunatics running amok and spreading misinformation and panic on social media – it is all too easy to lose sight of the fact that life is still carrying on, and good things do in fact still happen”.
5. For those who might already be infected
This kind of dubstep and squee might just scare the virus to death.
6. For those who think a saxophone might do the trick.
Well, it can’t hurt, right?
7. For those enduring isolation
This comes from the Edmonton duo of Martin Kerr and Ann Vriend.
8. For those who would rather be at the club
This sums up the feelings of a lot of people.
9. For those demanding that someone write and record a song called “My Corona.”
Weird Al has bowed out, so…