It finally happened. I had an order of chicken wings and every single one on was the bad part (i.e. the two-bone part) of the wing. How’s that for an opening non-sequitur for music news for March 4, 2022?
- The latest person to be embroiled in a “you-stole-my-song” controversy is Dua Lipa.
- Smash Mouth announced their new singer in an odd way.
- This report is an important read: Anti-Black Racism in the Canadian Music Industry: Volume 1.
- And the highest-paid rappers of 2021 were…
- “Let’s spouge!” Wait–what?
- Bauhaus is about to go on tour for the first time in 16 years.
- Spotify is going to change the rules for short songs streaming on the platform. Here’s why.
- What’s this, Elvis Costello? Ew.
- Google headphones? Maybe.
- Rumour in the ether: Twitter might be adding podcasts to its app sooner than later.
- Interesting: “How women helped shape the Beatles.”
- Kids + Slipknot + Ellen = This.
- Elon Musk and Gene Simmons, together at last on a Twitter thread.
- Could it be…Satan?
- How sick are people of the pandemic? A Belgian music festival sold 600,000 tickets in 10 minutes.
More news? Check here.
BONUS: Polestar has a new sportscar concept that comes with a drone. Wow! Want.