Wait: There’s a strain of coronavirus that comes from…dogs? Eek. Contemplate that over the course of the first Canadian long weekend of the summer, starting with music news for May 21, 2021.
- It looks like Spotify is about to unveil its lossless audio files very soon. Might they beat Apple Music?
- Spotify has a new “fan study” that could be of use to creators.
- How to go to a concert now.
- A new doc looks at Toronto’s music scene during the pandemic.
- Lady Gaga opens up about being raped as a teenager. (Via Sean)
- Another Eurovision contestant has pulled out of the competition because of a positive COVID-19 test.
- Ground has been broken for the Universal Hip Hop Museum in New York.
- Here’s the story of Jayne County, the world’s first trans rock’n’roller.
- This map shows the highest-earning podcasts by country around the world.
- Ah. Another Beatles mystery!
- The grandfathers of UK drill music is…these guys? Really?
- Sonic bathing? Uh, okay.
- Here are some legal issues with music NFTs.
- In this interview, Quincy Jones looks back over his career.
- Is a new technological crisis coming for the music industry? Maybe.
Want more? Here’s yesterdays news.