Want to stay in Shrek’s swamp? Now you can. You can also read music news for September 29, 2023.
- Your new hot musical genre for today: Mandopop.
- On that topic, should AI-generated music have its own classification? Some people want to call it “Syn.”
- Mick Jagger just might bequeath his song catalogue to charity rather than his kids.
- Ticketmaster has turned on their “all-in pricing,” but not everywhere and for everyone.
- The emo revival: Definitely a thing right now.
- There are now Olivia Rodrigo-branded earbuds from Sony.
- There was an anti-circumcision protest at a Pink concert. You read that correctly.
- The Tay-Tay concert film goes global next month.
- Meanwhile, here’s a prediction about the song Taylor Swift will inevitably write when she breaks up with the Kansas City Chiefs’ Travis Kelce.
- Rolling Stones holograms? Don’t bet against it.
- One more album and tour for Ozzy? That’s what he wants.
- Shakira’s tax problems in Spain just keep getting worse.
- Wait: There’s more unreleased Nirvana material? That’s what Dave says.
- Bob Marley’s Legends album has been on the Billboard charts for 800 weeks. That’s not a typo.
- This could be the most metal guitar ever.
BONUS: Be safe. Learn from this government-issued mixtape.