Published on August 12th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Monday, August 12, 2019
The church down the street from me is having their annual vacation bible school, another sure sign that summer is slipping away. Distract yourself from that reality with some music news for August 12, 2019.
- Foster the People are all over Jeffrey Epstein’s death. They’re promoting this crazy conspiracy theory.
- Imagine Dragons are proposing an anti-gun music festival.
- This festival has become the first major festival (at least in the US) to sell cannabis on-site.
- Singer Wayne Newton has been sued over a monkey attack. You read that correctly.
- Nostalgic Liam.
- Maynard James Keenan says you won’t understand the new Tool album unless you commit to “engagement.” Challenge accepted.
- Another musician’s grave has been violated. Jeezus, people.
- Singer Mike Posner had to be airlifted to hospital after being bitten by a rattlesnake.
- Tom DeLonge thinks he’d start an interplanetary war if he played blink-182 music to aliens. Probably not, but just in case, Tom…
- On a related note, a music festival is planned for a spot near Area 51. It’s been dubbed Alienstock.
- Ozzy Osbourne is a genetic mutant. Not a real surprise, but the science is in.
- Henry Rollins is optimistic that punk will save the world from Trump.
- Well, here’s an interesting gig for any musician.
- This is when the Grateful Dead decided that it was okay for their fans to tape all their shows.
- You know how you’re supposed to dance like no one is watching? If you’re Taylor Swift, maybe you should disregard that advice.
- Not only has Tool has finally gone digital, so too has JD Salinger.