Random Music News for Monday, May 4, 2015
Happy Star Wars Day. As a Star Trek fan, I’m sitting this one out. As usual.
- Here’s a list of celebrities who share a birthday with the new royal baby.
- Talk about a record collection: this guy has every UK chart record dating back to 1952. And it’s all for sale.
- The new book from Stones’ guitarist Ronnie Wood sounds like a scream. Orgies? Drugs? Theft? Gotta read it.
- Going to the Morrissey gig at Madison Square Garden at the end of next month? BYOM.
- There’s more to the story of BB King being in hospice care. There are stories that he was abused and robbed by his manager.
- Tomorrow has been declared National Concert Day in the US. By who? Live Nation.
- Someone just got picked as one of Taylor Swift’s dancers. Here’s the reaction. (Video)
- The man who discovered Indian music. As in India.
- If you were delayed heading in or out of Japan, blame Taylor Swift.
- The first people who got to hear the new Britney Spears duet with Iggy Azalea were Uber riders.
- Vinyl and turntables are still super, super hot.
- Roger Waters is an angry, angry man. He has some choice words for the music industry.
- The “Blurred Lines” trial, v2.o. Here we go again.
- The guy who created Google Maps now has a music startup.
- Today’s Google Doodle commemorates the 360th anniversary of the birth of the inventor of the piano.