A “flesh-eating STD?” Lovely. Let’s digest that as we go through music news for October 25, 2021.
- Serge Tankien of System of a Down has tested positive for COVID.
- Ontario is going to lift capacity on concerts.
- Here’s how activists got The Rolling Stones to stop performing “Brown Sugar.”
- Is there a link between the vinyl shortage and the big need for plastic take-out containers? (Via Bryan)
- Warner Music Group is worth US$10 billion more than it was a year ago. Someone’s doing something right.
- Introducing Billboard #HotTrending Songs Powered by Twitter. Go here to learn what it’s about.
- Gene Simmons is selling this USD$15 million place in Las Vegas.
- Nirvana has won a copyright lawsuit over a particular t-shirt design.
- This is odd: The real meaning of the “Please Come to Brazil” meme. (Via Andrew)
- Twenty years after the horrible fire at The Station nightclub in Rhode Island, we have some answers.
- DMX left behind 15 children–and counting.
- Oscilloscopre music! (Via Walter)
More news? Check here.
BONUS: If The Simpsons were real life. (Via Tom)