It’s an extra-special, once in a century Pi Day! It’s 3/14/15. And if you REALLY want to get geeky, have your pie (that’s what you’re supposed to do) at 9:23:53 am or pm. (If I have to explain that, you aren’t very mathematical, are you?)
- The stories behind 10 conic guitar riffs.
- Here are 22 songs that sound more alike than “Blurred Lines” and “Got to Give It Up” do.
- And here are 8 songs that hit #1 on Billboard that were accused of plagiarism.
- Last year was the best year for British artists at home in the UK since 1997.
- We now know what killed Wayne Static of Static-X. Don’t do this, kids.
- Did Lee Harvey Oswald use a Fender guitar strap on the Mannlicher-Carcano rifle he used to kill JFK? Did he have a Strat somewhere in that rooming house?
- Taylor Swift’s 1989 has outsold her last two albums.
- Yes, hipster beards are unhygienic. But you probably had a feeling, right?
- Are you a parent experiencing “Frozen fatigue?” You’re not alone.
- SXSW is using St. Bernards–yes, dogs–to rescue dying cell phones.
- Jay Z held an Illuminati meeting about taking on Spotify and Rdio.
- What happened to the old Gypsy orchestras of Europe?
Finally, some pi stats from Larry:
“The first million decimal places of Pi are comprised of:
— David Blatner, The Joy of Pi