Pete Davidson is not only greedy but he’s showing off. Jeezus. Is there no one who WON’T date him? Moving on to music news for December 29, 2022…
- Do NOT try to out-smoke Willie Nelson. You will lose.
- RIP Jo Mersa Marley, a reggae star in his own right and Bob Marley’s grandson.
- London’s Brixton Academy has been shut down indefinitely following those two crowd-crush deaths at a concert earlier this month.
- Album artwork legend Roger Dean sued over what we see in Avatar. He lost.
- This Courtney Love interview on the Marc Maron podcast is quite good.
- Here’s a list of bands where the only original member left is the guitarist.
- There’s a new graphic novel to celebrate 30 years since the release of Tori Amos’ Little Earthquakes album. (Via Andrew)
- Hey, Daniel Ek! Everyone is still waiting for Spotify HiFi. What’s going on?
- Meanwhile, Tidal has launched a new radio DJ-like feature.
- It was a record-setting year in the concert biz, although only the thin layer of performers at the top really benefited.
- Is TikTok’s golden music era over? Discuss.
- And will the US Government force a sale of TikTok over how the platform uses data?
- Here’s a rundown of the music in the highest-grossing movies of 2022.
- Variety has this list of the best music books of 2022.
- And the Nerd of the Century is…what?
- Are you being impacted by “harmful noise?“
BONUS: Mickey Mouse is set to enter the public domain at the end of 2023. This should be interesting.