My garden shed doesn’t look like this. And who knew there was a “Shed of the Year” competition? Now: about music news for August 11, 2021…
- The major music labels are generating US$2.5 million in revenue every hour.
- Limp Bizkit has canceled the rest of their summer tour because of COVID concerns.
- Jason Isbell says he won’t play any shows where 100% aren’t double-vaxxed.
- Bonnaroo will require double-vaccinations and negative COVID tests to get in next month.
- Gordon Lightfoot ha canceled his tour after falling and breaking his wrist. He needed surgery, too. He’s 82.
- The Scottish hip-hop scene is coming along just fine.
- Russell Simmons has an idea for using NFT to help old-school hip-hop pioneers.
- Jury selection is now underway for R Kelly’s trial in New York.
- One of my all-time favourite albums turns 50 this week.
- Frank Ocean is launching a line of luxury jewellry. He’s calling it Homer. No, really.
- Anyone remember this mysterious hit from 1979?
- If you missed Ariana Grande’s concert in Fortnite, here it is.
- Is today’s Tiktok scene the same as early 90s slacker culture? Maybe.
- If you’re a YouTube creator, you might want to take a look at BBTV. (Via Sean)
BONUS: The fish with your teeth.
More news? Check here.