Random music news for Wednesday, May 27, 2020
This might cheer you up: The Knight Rider theme performed on eight cellos by the same person.
Now that you’re feeling better, here’s music news for May 27, 2020.
- Coronavirus update 1: More indie record stores are being forced to close during the pandemic.
- Coronavirus update 2: Live Nation and Toronto’s Budweiser Stage is launching the Stage at Home Concert Series.
- Coronavirus update 3: Germany has clamped down on singing over fears that things like choirs could spread COVID-19.
- Coronavirus update 4: Ed Sheeran’s mom has had to close down her jewellery business because of COVID-19.
- The US government wants to ban TikTok from government-issued devices.
- More and more musicians are performing on video game platforms…
- …and you can bet that more people are looking at these video game opportunities.
- Stepchickens. Wait–what?
- A good article on listening to the radio in the car in the time of pandemic.
- This is all kinda adorable, actually. (Via Michael)
- Wanna buy this house from Pharrell Williams?
- Why has the music industry still not had its #MeToo movement? Russell Simmons’ accusers discuss the situation.
- And what about that #MeToo doc on the music industry? Where is it at?
- Universal Music has launched Def Jam Africa and is looking to sign hip-hop, afrobeat, and trap acts.