I wish I was as tired at bedtime as I am at 2:00 in the afternoon. You? How about some music news for May 31, 2023?
- Private gigs: The music industry’s dirty little secret.
- Canada’s first ever queer music festival is happening this weekend in Toronto.
- Proof that AM radio works in an emergency.
- How many boxes can you tick on this checklist?
- You had no idea you were being annoying? Really?
- Record executive Clive Davis is working on a doc about the Grammy Awards.
- Johnny Depp’s bad ankle has sidelined a Hollywood Vampires your.
- Nick Cave advocates separating art from the acts of its creators.
- Glastonbury will rickroll crowds this year.
- The UK Government is forming a committee that will look at musicians’ pay from streaming.
- Interesting: Streaming is helping local artists in some countries become more popular where they live.
- This Singaporean singer finds herself less popular than her unauthorized AI clone that arose in China.
- This site will create a playlist based on any book you might be reading.
- It’s Sonos 1, Google 0.
- This hardcore band is fronted by a 7-year-old.
BONUS: More AI fun with fake Lana Del Rey singing Tina Turner’s “Private Dancer.” (Via Keith)
BONUS BONUS: Jim Morrison does Lana.