Scientists say they’ve invented an actual “cone of silence.” And it’s invisible. Let’s try some music news for September 27, 2023.
- Here comes the previously-unreleased Sinead O’Connor material.
- There’s another hiccup in the Blink-182 tour: Travis Barker tested positive for COVID.
- Commercials are coming to Amazon Prime Video–unless you want to pay more.
- So how is Twitter/X doing in terms of usage in the Era of Elon? Maybe not so good.
- There’s a booze-free LA dance party movement. Discuss.
- Spotify has an AI-powered voice cloning tool that can translate podcasts into a bunch of different languages.
- And now ChatGPT will actually talk to you in a variety of languages.
- One more: Getty Images has announced the availability of AI-generated images.
- Okay, one last AI story: Here are the latest plans to regulate AI when it comes to musical artists.
- By the end of the year, there will be over 500 songs that have streamed over a billion times on Spotify.
- Interesting: “How much music do music-based radio stations really play?”
- So is this the new telephone etiquette?
- Ed Sheeran is breathing a sigh of release. The estate of Marvin Gaye will not pursue an appeal of the “Thinking Out Loud” plagiarism trial.
- Re: Reaction to Taylor Swift dating Travis Kelce of the Kansas City Chiefs. There’s this and especially this.
- Music is coming to smart TVs. Here’s an example.
BONUS: There’s a luxury hotel in Kabul, Afghanistan, run by the Taliban.
BONUS BONUS: This is…cute?
BONUS BONUS BONUS: Some very, very high sheep. (Get Google to translate it.)