Random Music News for Monday, February 6, 2016
I had a weird dream where I was the manager of a New Wave-ish indie-pop band in which all the members wore weird costumes. The dream involved trying to find a bun for the keyboard player who was dressed as a wiener. What’s wrong with me? And now, the music news.
- Did you notice that the Atlanta Falcons trolled the New England Patriots by running out onto the field to Ozzy’s “Crazy Train?” That’s the Patriots’ entrance music.
- Seven surprising Super Bowl halftime moments.
- Remember when The Simpsons predicted Lady Gaga’s performance at the Super Bowl?
- And speaking of her halftime performance, this video may make you tear up.
- He’s still dead and the legal issues around Michael Jackson keep on coming. How much is his image and likeness worth? There are BIG tax implications to this.
- Some ancient tapes of live recordings (at least 40 years old) of Bob Marley have been discovered.
- Funeral drama for a late member of Status Quo.
- The vinyl king of Kenya.
- About half of all US smartphones have their FM chips enabled. Why not in Canada?
- Here’s a look at the latest dashboard displays. We’ve come a long way since the push-button radio.
- George Michael’s boyfriend is off the hook in his murder investigation.
- A full-on Genesis reunion? Really?