Published on August 26th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, August 26, 2017
Why does Tylenol make it so bloody hard to open those blister packs holding their cold pills? Sorry, but these sniffles have me on the grumpy side. But I can still offer up some music news for August 26.
- Amazon is running into issues wanting to sell event tickets. Ticketmaster isn’t going down without a fight.
- It looks like the iPhone 8 will start at $999.
- The founders of The Pirate Bay have been ordered to pay music labels a big fine.
- Samsung is the latest company to get into the smart speaker business.
- The National Music Centre in Calgary is getting another $5 million from Ottawa to help with its next phase.
- Let’s talk about these “sonic attacks” allegedly carried out on foreign diplomats in Cuba. How might they work?
- Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z to co-headline the Super Bowl? That’s the rumour.
- U2 has launched this Joshua Tree 30 initiative with Spotify. (Via Larry)
- Meanwhile, Bono was apparently asked to sing for Conor McGregor before his fight with Floyd Mayweather.
- This is fun: Amber Coffman as Ivenka Trump as Lana Del Rey.
- Let’s take a closer look at how curated playlists are taking over the industry.
- “How to front a punk band while fighting cerebral palsy.”