Random Music News for Saturday, February 10, 2018
This is Cliff Burton Day! I hope you bought a card. In other music news for February 10…
- Here are my music recommendations for the week for Global News.
- More opioid-and-musicians talk as the family of a late 3 Doors Down guitarist speak.
- There’s new information in the disappearance of Manic Street Preacher Richey Edwards 23 years ago. It’s interesting, but I’m not sure how this will help. I hope it does, but…
- Should you date someone who has different musical tastes than you? Well, it depends… (Via David)
- This is the kind of penthouse One Direction money can buy.
- Pearl Jam and Elvis Presley, together at last.
- “Pop stars are ruining our parks and wildlife.” What?
- The BBC has revived The Old Grey Whistle Test.
- “The most challenging orchestra concert of the century?” Really?
- Let’s back up a bit and talk about International Clash Day.
- On April 6, Sloan will release their twelfth album. Called 12, it will feature twelve songs. I see what you’ve done there.
- Tens of thousands of karaoke mics are being recalled because they could explode. (Via Tom)
- Can Apple AirPods blow up in your ears? This guy says it happened.
- RIP Craig MacGregor, bassist for Foghat.
- And RIP Pat Torpey of Mr. Big.