Random Music News for Saturday, January 28, 2017
The Great Lakes Blizzard happened on this day in 1977–40 years ago–which saw Buffalo and the surrounding area hit with 10 feet of snow in less than a day. And now, some music news from today…
- Sega just dumped a whole lot of video game music on Spotify. Sonic the Hedgehog lives!
- The upcoming reissue of the Singles soundtrack is going to contain all kinds of grunge rarities.
- Donald Trump thinks that Madonna is disgusting. So the feeling is mutual, then. (But let’s also remember that he once wanted to bang her.)
- Meanwhile, she’s been approached to sing an anti-Trump song called “Enough is Enough.”
- Add this Carole King song to the long list of anti-Trump material. I’ll bet she’ll be branded disgusting, too.
- Oh, and here’s a list of 100 protest songs for Donald Trump’s first 1oo days.
- Steve Miller is being sued over a $6.7 million mansion.
- George Michael’s funeral has been delayed by the toxicology report into his death.
- How Japanese pop and the competitive world of rock, paper, scissors go together.
- Here’s a trailer for an upcoming Iron Maiden documentary about the time they played in Sarajevo when all kinds of Balkan horrors were going down.
- Can listening to Mozart drive you crazy?
- Are you a fan of 80s music? Take a look at these festivals.
- Looks like Drake’s Super Bowl party is going to be interesting…
- Wanna buy some handwritten David Bowie lyrics?
- Jimmy Kimmel just appeared on Sesame Street singing about letters and numbers .