Happy 68th, David Bowie. Oh, and Elvis would have been 80 were he still around.
- Speaking of the Thin White Duke, his once-bad teeth have been preserved.
- Tony Iommi’s cancer prognosis isn’t good. Damn non-Hodgkins lymphoma.
- Interesting: sales of music was down in 2014, but consumer spending on music was up. That’s actually not a contradiction.
- Musicians grapple with the need to suffer for their art.
- Justin Bieber and One Direction are the true heirs of punk rock. Wait–what the f**k are you talking about?
- Thinking of buying a turntable? Here are the kinds of things you should know about before you head the store.
- There’s a new lawsuit over mixtapes being sent to prisoners in American jails.