People are still trying to process the sudden and apparently self-inflicted death of Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell. Here’s a summary of the news that has come out since Thursday (May 18 night.
- As you might guess, Chris’ wife is devastated.
- Soundgarden has canceled all remaining dates on their 2017. (Yeah, no kidding…)
- There was plenty of mourning and remembrance in Chris’ hometown of Seattle.
- There’s a memorial next to the Soundgarden sculpture (the artwork that gave the band its name) dedicated to Chris.
- People are looking at extenuating circumstances surrounding Chris’ death. Could prescription drugs have had something to do with it?
- This was Chris’ last interview with Salon.
- Here’s why Chris was considered grunge’s “true son of Seattle.”
- Squaring Chris’ death with his lyrics.
- Chris’ death is hitting some of the nonprofits he supported very hard.
- Here’s a very good collection of remembrances and tributes.
- Chris Cornell, Layne Staley, Kurt Cobain: What is it about Seattle grunge bands that see their frontmen killing themselves?
- A man in Western Australia was arrested for drunk driving because he “had a shot” when he heard about Cornell’s death.
- With the release of the soundtrack of the movie Singles today, tracks from Chris’ Poncier EP are now available.
- Here’s my special podcast on the life and times of Chris Cornell.
I’ll update this as necessary.