[We’re taking a bit of a Christmas break, but we’ll be back in January with a long string of new episodes to take us into the spring. -AC]
At one time, The Headstones were the scariest bands in Canadian music. They scared audiences, they scared record companies–hell, they scared themselves.
Many words were used to describe them. Intense. Self-destructive. Dangerous. But the word the group like the most was “ferocious.” That’s an understatement.
It’s not only amazing that the group is still with us but that everyone is still alive.
I managed to corral Hugh, Trent, and Tim from the band and had them tell the story of The Headstones as they saw it.
Strap in. This is going to get intense.
Songs on this program (all by The Headstones)
- Leave It All Behind
- Tweeter and the Monkey Man
- Cubically Contained
- Smile and Wave
- Without a Sound
The Ongoing History of New Music can be heard on the following stations:
- 102.1 The Edge/Toronto – Sunday night at 7
- Live 88-5/Ottawa
- 107.5 Dave-FM/Kitchener
- FM96/London – Sunday night at 7, Monday night at 11
- Power 97/Winnipeg (Sunday nights at 11)
- Rock 97.7/Grand Prairie – Sunday nights at 6.
- Sonic 102.9/Edmonton
- The Zone/Victoria
- The Fox/Vancouver
- WAPS/WKTL The Summit/Arkon, Canton, Cleveland, Youngstown The show runs at 11 am Sunday. This, by the way, is a great option for American listeners who are prevented from listening to the show live because of geo-blocking,
We’re still looking for more affiliates in Calgary, Kamloops, Kelowna, Regina, Saskatoon, Brandon, Windsor, Montreal, Halifax, Charlottetown, Moncton, Fredericton, and St John’s and anywhere else with a transmitter. If you’re in any of those markets and you want the show, lemme know and I’ll see what I can do.
If you ever miss a show, you can always get the podcast edition available through Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your on-demand audio.