It’s been almost a year since most of our lives hit a hard pause, including the ability to go to the gym.
Luckily, there’s not-at-all-creepy-and-invasive Spotify data to tell everyone else what you’ve been listening to while working out at home!
PureGym found that Dua Lipa has been the top artist to inspire home workouts, kicking the butts of Drake, Kanye West and Calvin Harris over the past year when it comes to playlists made by individuals but shared by corporate knowledge. Her music was added to more than 1,300 playlists in the past year that were listed as workout-related.
The song “Roses (Imanbek Remix)” by SAINt JHN was added to 382 home workout lists, making it the most popular song that originated on social media, gaining traction on TikTok. Coming in second was “Blinding Lights” by The Weeknd.
“Analysing over 145,000 songs, which have been added to ‘home workout’ related playlists by users on Spotify, the results reveal the songs being favoured by those that have already converted their spare rooms to makeshift gyms,” PureGym reports.
Here’s the top 10 songs for home workouts according to Spotify data analyzed by PureGym that people might not know they’re handing over:
- Roses – Imanbek Remix – SAINt JHN (featured in 382 home workout playlists)
- Blinding Lights – The Weeknd (363)
- Don’t Start Now – Dua Lipa (322)
- Head & Heart (feat. MNEK) – Joel Corry (269)
- Physical – Dua Lipa (253)
- Lose Control – MEDUZA (235)
- Boss B*tch – Doja Cat (183)
- Dance Monkey – Tones And I (179)
- Breaking Me – Topic (178)
- ‘Till I Collapse – Eminem (177)
The top 10 artists enjoyed by people working out in their own homes but sharing their playlists with the world via Spotify include:
- Dua Lipa (featured in 1,337 home workout playlists)
- Drake (1,047)
- Eminem (903)
- Kanye West (884)
- David Guetta (778)
- Tiesto (704)
- The Weeknd (693)
- Calvin Harris (690)
- Megan Thee Stallion (686)
- Ariana Grande (679)
More information is available here if you’d like to take a look.