I hate Valentine’s Day. It’s a conspiracy created by greeting card companies, florists, lingerie stores, sex shops and restaurants to make dudes feel bad about not being loving enough the other 364 days a year.
Still, there’s no escaping it. Besides what else are people going to talk about in the middle of a dreary February. So here we go.
Prefix magazine has thoughtfully collected together a playlist of love songs and break-up songs from Facebook. Let’s start with those lovely, naive “new relationship” songs.
- “Don’t Wanna Go Home” by Jason Derulo
- “Love On Top” by Beyoncé
- “How to Love” by Lil Wayne
- “Just The Way You Are” by Bruno Mars
- “Good Feeling” by Flo Rida
- “It Girl” by Jason Derulo
- “Stereo Hearts” by Gym Class Heroes featuring Adam Levine
- “Criminal” by Britney Spears
- “No Sleep” by Wiz Khalifa
- “Free Fallin’” by John Mayer
Now, some break-up songs.
- “The Cave” by Mumford and Sons
- “Crew Love” by Drake
- “All of the Lights” by Kanye West
- “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele
- “Take Care” by Drake
- “It Will Rain” by Bruno Mars
- “We Found Love” by Rihanna & Calvin Harris
- “Call It What You Want” by Foster the People
- “Love You Like a Love Song” by Selena Gomez and the Scene
- “Without You” by David Guetta featuring Usher